Health Shuttle Drivers Hawkes Bay
Your community needs you! Are you ready to make a difference? Do you have spare time during the week? Do you want to support your local community? We are searching for Health Shuttle volunteers who want to make a difference in your community. We transport our clients to doctors and dental appointments, and to their hairdressers and home again. Clients book 24 hours in advance and our call centre contacts a dedicate van. It is not a taxi service it is Health and Well Being service.
We have driving and non-driving roles available in:
What do you need to become a St John Volunteer? There is a process for recruiting, driving, vetting and suitability, that takes a little time to set up so we are acting now to ensure we are prepared to operate as per usual.
• 18 years of age or older
• Able to commit to shifts on a regular roster
• Able to attend on-going training and courses funded by St John
• Pass a full police check and vaccination pass
• Hold a full, clean, Class 1 driver’s licence for at least two years (Health Shuttle driver role only)
• Able to pass a medical clearance (Health Shuttle driver role only)
We particularly need to fill these positions to ensure operates effectively over a very difficult time ahead. We need to ensure our teams can provide the services to our most vulnerable people who require health assistance and companionship.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below. We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.