Sports Co-ordinator Special Olympics Hawke's Bay
- Mostly administration eg. Registrations, keeping in touch with each sport, the coaches and the athletes.
- Keeping in touch with Idea Services, Hohepa, CCS, as a lot of athletes are in care with these authorities.
- Keep in touch with Sport Hawke's Bay Disability Officer at Sport Hawke's Bay.
- Most coaches can enter their own athletes in the events they are going to attend however some may need help.
- Read and distribute emails from Head Office and other Clubs around the Lower North Island.
Hawke's Bay is part of the Lower North Island group of 11 Clubs stretching across the North Island to Taranaki down to Wellington. The Clubs are Hawke's Bay, Manawatu, Mana, Kapiti, Horowhenua, North and South Taranaki, Whanganui, Hutt Valley, Wellington, Wairarapa.
- No prior experience is required.
- Computer, Lap top, email, spreadsheet experience would be an advantage but can be taught
The current Sports Co-ordinator is happy to help and train the new co-ordinator. Special Olympics are looking for someone to transition in. The current Co-ordinator has been doing this role for years and needs to retire.
Flexible and able to be managed by the person themselves.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below. We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.
Committee & Board